Procedure of Registration of Groundwater Users
- If groundwater is used for any commercial purposes or agricultural activities, the pumping test should be carried out from the Water Resources Board to determine safe yield (safe groundwater extraction volume per day), pumping procedure and pump installation depth etc. without impact to the surrounding environment.
- If the water source is a tube well, following documents should be submitted to Water Resources Board prior to conducting pumping test.
- Approved Hydrogeological Investigation Report by Water Resources Board.
- Well completion report with technical details of the tube well issued by authorized institute of tube well-constructed.
- Application should be submitted to the Water Resources Board for the registration of company as groundwater consumer. (Application can be download from the Water Resources Board web site. see Download_Groundwater Uses_ Application of Company Registration (Groundwater Users in Commercial Scale).pdf)
- All the supporting documents as mentioned in application form should be submitted to Water Resources Board.
- Accordingly, flow meter has to be installed under the supervision of Water Resources Board for the monitoring.
Tube Well Construction Procedure
- The application form of “Request Form for Constructing a Deep Tube Well” has to be filled with the correct information (See Downloads_Form 01).
- The given information in page 01 in Form 01 has to be certified by the Divisional Secretary through ‘Grama Niladari’ of the area in page 02 in Form 01.
- The Groundwater investigations should be carried out to select the best location to construct the Tube Well (The groundwater investigations shall be carried out through the Water Resources Board or the external Hydrogeologist who registered at the Water Resources Board).
- The approval has to be taken for the Groundwater Investigation Report from the Water Resources Board before construction of the tube well. The report has to be submitted with the request form (certified by the Divisional Secretary) after having the signature of the hydrogeologist, who carried out the groundwater investigation of the respective land.
- After receiving the approval to the groundwater investigation report from the Water Resources Board, the tube well has to be constructed as per the recommended guideline, design and procedure. The tube well shall be constructed from Water Resources Board or the external Drilling Companies who registered at Water Resources Board.